It’s April and the summer sun is ready to spare no one! Not even our adorable little fur babies, leaving them pacing and panting in the heat. Sounds awful right? We’ve found yet another delicious way to help our pets beat the heat, thanks to our hoomans running @cookieandcoffeetails on Instagram. They’ve put together a simple and refreshing summer cooler that we think your pet pooch will absolutely love.
Let’s skip straight to the good part!
- 1 cucumber
- 4-5 strawberries
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of plain yoghurt
- Ice cubes
- Chia seeds (optional)
What You Need To Do:
- Chop a cucumber and a few strawberries into chunks. No need to cut them finely!
- Add the pieces into a blender and add a cup of fresh, plain yoghurt and half a teaspoon of honey.
- Throw in a few ice cubes to cool things down. You can add a teaspoon or two of chia seeds to the mix.
- Blend the ingredients into a smooth, thick paste.
- Pour the paste into an ice tray. If you’ve got doggo themed ice trays then bring them out, because everything’s better with a little pupper touch to it!
- Freeze for a few hours, until solid.
And there you have it! Scrumptious summertime coolers for your canines that are not only healthy and refreshing but also super easy to make.
So the next time you see your pet struggling to cool down on a hot summer day, you know just the treat to make to help them feel better.
Please Note: Give this to your pet in moderation and as a treat only. This is not to be mistaken for a meal as it contains berries and honey that are naturally sweet.