Getting your dog registered is an important routine but not one which is talked about often. Follow this sploot guide to know how you can go about getting that done in Delhi.
As per the u/s 399 DMC Act of 1957 each dog owner needs to register their pet dog with the MCD.
- Applicants need to apply online on the MCD portal for registering a pet dog.
- Minimum age for applying for a pet dog registration certificate is 18 yrs / above.
- Applicants need to fill the online form, pay the requisite fee and attach the necessary documents and submit it to the Department for Processing.
- All Applications need to be processed by the respective authority – Deputy Director (VS)/ Veterinary Officer (Based on Zone)
- MCD Officers have full right to issue / Reject the applications based on merit.
- For an approved application a Registration Certificate will be issued. Each Certificate will have a token number and valid QR Code.
- After the expiry of Current Registration Certificate, an SMS intimation will be sent to the registered owner to apply afresh again.
- License Validity Period = Validity of Registration Certificate will be of maximum 1 year duration subjected to date of vaccination.
Standard Operating Procedure
- Enter the URL in the address bar of the browser, for respective corporations and go to the “Citizen Login” module.
- On the first visit, click on “New User Click Here for Signup / Registration”.
- Fill the mandatory information on the Sign-Up page and click on the Submit button.
- After successful authentication, on “Online Services” Page, select “Veterinary License”
- All the registered Veterinary licenses/ Pet Dog Registration details will be shown on Dashboard Page with key details such as Application Number, Trade type, Applicant Name, Trade Nature, Application Submission Date.
- After login on the left pane, click on the Pet Dog registration button for applying.
- Fill all the required information on the application form page such as Applicant Details (Name, DOB), Applicant address (Plot/House No., Street Name, Pin Code, Colony, ward, zone Ph. Number, mobile number, email ID), Dog Details, etc. and upload required documents.
- Click on the “Submit” button to save the application form details and pay requisite fees using online payment gateway.
- On successful Submission, Registered details will be sent to MCD Officials for scrutiny and approval. Registered details can be seen on Dashboard with status
- Following options will be available on “Action” button on Dashboard for a registered detail
View: Submitted application form can be seen with all filled details
Payment Receipt: Payment receipt can be downloaded in case of successful payment. Select the appropriate option from the “Action” button as per the requirement.
11. Fill all the required details on the form opened along with necessary documents and submit.
12. Pay requisite fee (if any) using online payment gateway.
13. Check details and status of registered requests from Dashboard.
14. On Rejection by MCD Officials, Citizens need to re-apply for Pet Dog Registration.
15. On Approval from MCD Official, Certificate can be downloaded from the “Action” button for any registered detail.
Sources - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwik-LXusoz7AhWhUGwGHewyBxgQFnoECBMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcdonline.nic.in%2Fvtlpetndmc%2Fweb%2Fcitizen%2Fvtl%2FdownloadVTLdocuments%2Fpetdogsop&usg=AOvVaw13VAPkDdo_33wXbaa2M3Jb