Steps on how to register your dog in Gurugram with the MCG
Getting your dog registered is an important routine but not one which is talked about often. Follow this sploot guide to know how you can go about getting that done in Gurugram.
Dog registration in Gurugram is mandatory after the recent notice issued by the Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG). Here's a step-by-step process on how to get your dog registered with the MCG along with the list of documents you need for dog registration.
Steps to follow:
- Get an application form from the municipal corporation of Gurgaon.
Fill out the application form and submit it with a registration fee of Rs 500.
- Aso for dog registration please have the following documents ready -
1. Identity Proof of Applicant (Pet-parent)
2. 1 Photograph of Dog with Owner
3. 2 Passport size photo of dog
4. Veterinary Health Certificate of Dog
5. Vaccination Certificate from a Veterinary doctor
6. Certificate of having performed sterilization from a Veterinary doctor (Optional, if less than 4 years of age)
- After you submit these documents, you'll get a call from the MCG's office claiming that the verification is done and you're required to come and collect the fee invoice.
- Once you've collected the fee invoice, all you need to do is go to the Old MCG office and pay the fees.
- After paying the fees, every dog will be issued a token number with details of the owner. The token will be attached to the pet at all times.
- The license will have to be renewed every year for Rs 250.
- Any dog without a license and MCG-issued token number may be taken into custody. The pet owner would have to pay a fine of Rs 50 per day until they get the registration done.