Getting your dog registered is an important routine but not one which is talked about often.Under section 191 (B) (3) of the MMC Act, the BMC may seize an unlicensed dog and the owner has to claim it within 3 days and pay the dues to get it back, failing which the dog could be put down.
Follow this sploot guide to know how you can go about getting that done in Mumbai.
PROCESS OF FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM
Steps to follow:
- Log on to the MCGM web portal
(Link: https://portal.mcgm.gov.in/irj/portal/anonymous )
- Under the ‘For Citizens’ tab, click on ‘License-Dog’
- Click on ‘Apply’ under ‘License-Dog’
- Select ‘Individual’ as category of application.
- Select your MCGM ward
- Enter details of Owner
- Enter details of your Dog, Veterinary doctor and Date of Vaccinations. Please note that while calculating the age of the dog the birth month and the present month have to be counted as entire months.
- Choose if your dog is bought / adopted / transferred etc
- Attach Address Proof (eg. Aadhar card), dog’s recent Rabies and Leptospirosis vaccination certificate (pdf or jpg format only) issued by Registered Veterinary Practitioner, duly signed and stamped.
- Review whether all the details entered by you are correct, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- A 9 digit reference number will reflect on screen. Please note the number for future correspondence. You will also get an acknowledgement email.
- The application for a new dog license will be sent to MCGM officials for scrutiny.
- Once approved (within 7 working days), applicants will get an approval email on registered email address.
- After receiving an approval email, you can proceed for Online Payment.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the BMC’s four dog control offices in the city at Malad, Parel, Mulund and Crawford Market and get your pet license on producing valid annual dog vaccination certificates.